Friday 1 June 2012

Roban

Roban is an fictional ancient kingdom I created for 'Unexplained Disappearances'. Roban, like Dimrael, is famous all over the world for it's role in world history. It was once a very prosperous, scientifically advanced kingdom with unbeatable military power. Originally located in Central Asia, it expanded it's control halfway through Asia in a matter of few short years, a feat considered almost unimaginable during it's time. But wherever it went, it left a bloody trail behind it, for Roban was known for being ruthless when it came to consolidating new land.

When the Roban-Dimrael war began, terror and violence threatened to crush Dimrael to the ground. Dimrael was no match for Roban's superior military, but it was much too important to save Dimrael because many considered it the cradle of civilization. How Dimrael finally won the war, how Roban was so disastrously defeated that it never rose from the ashes, and the events that followed are very crucial to my story. I can't tell you much, but let me tell you this- whatever forces helped bring down the mighty Roban exist even to this day, and with time, these forces have only grown stronger.

I studied Science in high-school and I was quite good at it, even if I say so myself. A lot of my classmates thought there was no point in studying history. They believed that science would lead the world into the future, while history was just about boring chapters about the past. But I have always been a through believer of 'HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF'. 'Unexplained Disappearances' is by no means a historical novel. In fact, it fully takes place in the present time. But I still wanted to bring some twist in the plot to show that the after-effects of what happened centuries ago still continue.

Hopefully, readers will enjoy the tales of Roban and Dimrael.

1 comment:

  1. I like the "history repeats itself" element. It sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete